Sunday, February 28, 2010

Got my final drawings in the mail yesterday and received a call from my Site Supervisor.

We are having the slab poured on the 15/3 so Site Start will be approx W/C 1/3 to do the site scrape, concrete piers and plumbing.

Went out to my block yesterday 28/2 and we have a Tap put int!! I did notice that 1 of the pegs have been kicked out, but its only the indicator pegs so it shouldn't hert too much.

Also, out street number was changed from 9 to 28 a few weeks ago. This was because it started in the wrong direction.
Hi All.

I haven’t really been updating this blog, as nothing much has really been happening. Now that site start should hopefully be next week, I am going to get back into the routine of updating.

The land was still being developed and delayed. September, delayed again, October, November, December – Delayed with no apparent reason. By this stage, I forgot I was even building and start to think it was a mistake to do so.

On the 20/12/09 the developers removed the temp fencing and we finally got to see our block. This was the most exciting thing so far.









On the 16/12 PD then conducted the soil test. It was classified as a P class – due to excessive filling. This isn’t bad as I have fixed site costs. The slab will be a Waffle Raft Class M with the use of concrete piers to support the waffle slab.

Porter Davis and my broker have been extremely supportive during the delays, helping out in any way they can and have actually done more chasing up than the conveyancer has. My Customer Service Administrator and broker have been in touch at least once a fortnight for the last 6 months.

Wednesday 14th January 2010 I received the following email:

Hi James,

I have just been advised by my conveyancer that the plan of subdivision for Stage 20A has registered this morning.

Please advise your conveyancer.

Regards,
Developer


I couldn’t believe it! Finally it had been registered. Settlement was due on the 27/1/10.
I was worried about the SRO approval being over the 26 weeks between signing the contract and site start! We submitted the application with all the supporting documentation and it was delivered to the SRO via registered mail on 21 December 09.

All we need is the letter that it has been approved so that the bank can settle on the land by the settlement date. I called them 3 times this week and I have got a few different answers.
1. ‘We don’t have the documents’
2. We have the documents and they are being processed.
3. It wasn’t received until the 9 January.

After allot of stuffing around, we delayed the settlement until 2/2/10. We received the FHOG extension. CBA didn’t submit paperwork on their half to the SRO so they couldn’t approve it without the UIN information.
Once I received the letter of approval, I contacted the conveyancer ASAP. They then said they will go ahead and book settlement.
Received this letter:

Dear James,

We refer to the above matter and confirm that settlement is scheduled to take place on Monday 1 February 2010.

We note that we have prepared the Statement of Adjustments and forward to the Vendor Solicitor for confirmation.

We have worked out that you will need to provide a bank cheque in the amount of $13,210.34 made payable to SPM Victoria Pty Ltd and deliver to our office tomorrow in time for settlement.



$13,000!!! Ok, I was expecting 2k or so but $13k. I was not settling with this. I contacted my broker, who contacted the bank. The bank kept saying it was right, conveyancer kept saying it was right. My broker and I said it was wrong.

After spending the full day trying to resolve it, the bank came to the realisation that it had made a mistake.
Dear James,

We refer to the above matter and confirm that settlement is scheduled to take place on Tuesday 2 February 2010.
We have worked out that you will need to provide a bank cheque in the amount of $1,662.34 made payable to SPM Victoria Pty Ltd and deliver to our office today in time for settlement.


We settled on the land on the 2/2/10!